Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Homemade Chili

Or should I say Semi-Homemade.  Last week I made chili using a mix from The Gourmet Cupboard. It reminded me of Josh's grandfather's homemade chili recipe...a true Texas chili without beans.  It was delicious and I hope to make it again using a cornbread mix to go with it.
Chili is such a regional recipe.  In Texas, it can't really be considered chili if it contains beans. A few years back, Josh and I visited Cincinnati and when the locals discovered we were from out of state they insisted that we must try their chili.  Everywhere we went, we saw advertising for"delicious chili," so of course we immediately found a restaurant and ordered a bowl.  I was shocked to see that it was served over spaghetti noodles!  In addition you could order onions, cheese, etc piled on top.  Very interesting and different than what we were used to!  How do you prefer your chili?  I would love to hear how your region enjoys the dish!
In the meantime, check out TGC's version along with all the other tasty mixes we offer.  The choices really do make dinner simple and quick!



No comments:

Post a Comment